Faith & Patience
Two big words. Two big meanings. They go together like wine and cheese. They strengthen each other like a beautiful relationship where you don't need to question you just know.
To have faith and patience means to let go of everything and just let life be. Let the universe show you what you need to know when you need to know it. You cannot control what's out of your circle of influence, you cannot control time.
The hardest thing about faith is letting go of what you cannot see. Letting go of the control. Believing in something bigger than you. Then having the patience to wait.
For a long time I didn't understand faith and patience. I wanted it all and I wanted it now. I wasn't really thinking about what I wanted long term, because what I wanted was a reaction of the moment I was in. I was also saying a lot of what I didn't want, all of that energy was going out to the universe! I wasn't sitting still in the silence and really thinking about how and what I wanted in my life and how my life would look and feel. I wasn't specific about what and why. So I decided to do something about it!! I sat still and I really thought about where I was at, what I had learnt and what did I want. Where was my energy going? I got specific with me and then told the universe.
Instead of saying what I didn't want any more, I got specific about what I wanted. Here is a thought for you... Every time you tell the universe what you don't want you are putting all of your time and energy into the negative, no wonder your life isn't changing. Re-frame what you say and how you say it. Instead of saying "I don't want to work in this job any more", start saying "I am going to get a job doing xxx". How much more positive is the energy in the second one? When you say it you have to feel it. You have to put the right energy into it. Feel it with all of your body and believe it is going to happen.
Now I'm not saying all you have to do is say it to the universe, sit back and wait. Life isn't going to be handed to you on a silver platter. Here are some of my best tips:
- Be specific. What is it you actually want? How does it feel in your body?
- Make space for what you want in your life. A new partner, make a spare draw. A new job, clean up your resume and network.
- Say it every day. Every morning and night say to the universe what you want from a place of love and good energy.
- Vision it. Take time to think about how your life will look. How will you feel?
- Have fun. Don't get caught up on the outcome, enjoy the journey.
- Tell your family and friends. Ask them to ask for it too. Everyone who loves you wants the best for you and will be more than happy to hold a space for you in their thoughts for the same goal.
- Have faith and patience. If it hasn't happened yet don't give up. Are there more lessons for you to learn before this comes into your life? Everyone you meet comes into your life for a reason. What are they here to teach you?
So don't give up. You have got a full, amazing and wonderful life to live. You might just need to think about how you are living it, what you are asking, how are you are asking and is it coming from a place of love and good energy.
Good vibes to you all!